THIS BLOG IS A FREE RESOURCE DEDICATED TO HELPING OTHER ARTISTS SELL, MARKET, PROMOTE & CREATE THEIR ART from The Normal Challenged Artist (aka PopArtDiva!)

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Work of Art - The Next Great Artist : Are you watching?


Two episodes of Work of Art - The Next Great Artist have appeared on Bravo.

I really liked this last episode where they were taken to an electronics "junk yard" and given the task of putting together a sculpture from whatever they could grab and drag back to the studio with them.

Miles - who admits he has OCD - got so disturbed by the mess he took a nap in the junk yard. He also took a nap on his sculpture during the showing. I won't say more - no spoilers here - but he is one of the more interesting participants.

I liked this challenged and kind of wished I was a part of it. It looked like great fun and I love the idea of re-purposing trash into art. Makes me want to run out and pillage my neighbors trash cans.

I rather liked most of the efforts put forth - I thought the judges were a bit harsh on a few. I always keep in mind that art is subjective and each viewer brings their own perspective and life experiences to the party, including so called experts, so all art competitions are a bit pointless in a way. Art is such a personal thing to both the artist and those who experience the work that I've always taken all proclamations of "good art/bad art" with a grain of salt.

Are you watching?
What do you think so far?
Which artist annoys you and which one is your personal favorite?
What do you think of art critics and art competitions??
Would you like to have "nap" as your art medium?

Have a good day and keep creating no matter what anyone says to you.

---------------------------

LEARN HOW TO DO ART AND CRAFT SHOWS FOR PROFIT AND FUN STEP BY STEP

Click the links below to download my articles for a nominal fee of only $2.50 each:

What Kind of an Artist Will You Be? Define Your Product First.Creating Your Booth - Making a Portable Gallery That WorksPreparing To Do An Art Show - Getting your art, your booth and yourself togetherThe Most Important Sales Techniques for Selling and Marketing Your Art

Follow me on Twitter as NormLChallenged
Follow me on Twitter as @PopArtDiva
Friend me on Facebook

No comments: